Permits & Inspections
Building Permits are required for many building projects, including new construction, additions, structural changes, decks, finished basements, pools, demolition, roofing, siding, and window replacement. Many projects require a plan review. Permit fees are paid at the time the permit is issued.
- Building Permits
- Building Permit Fee Refund Procedure
- Sewer Permits - Please note, sewer permits are handled by the Engineering Department
Permit Fees are based off of the MN Revisor of Statutes Building Permit Fees
Window/Door Permits – Include the number of windows and/or doors being installed and if the size of the opening is changing. If the opening size is changing a plan will need to be submitted.
Roofing/Siding – Include the structures that are involved with the project.Call before you dig: Gopher State One Call
- Accessory Building Permits
- Basement Finishing Permits
- Deck Permits
- Demolition Permits
- Electrical Permits
- Fence Permits
- Fire Permits
- Fireplace and Wood Stove Permits
- HVAC Permits
- Plumbing Permits, Domestic Plumbing Permits
- Roof, Siding, Window & Door Permits
- Sign Permits
- Swimming Pool Permits
Available Online Permits:
- Building Residential: Replacement Windows, Doors, Roof & Siding.
- Electrical Residential & Commercial
- Mechanical Residential & Commercial
- Plumbing Residential & Commercial
First time West St Paul contractors must register here.
To apply for e-permits you must finish setting up your Contractor account by following the steps below.
If you have never pulled a permit through West St Paul please complete the Contractor Registration form and you will receive a confirmation email to finish your account.
- Password set up: Access to log-in page - Click here
- Select ’Contractor’ then ’Forgot Password’
- An email will be sent to the contact email previously submitted on your permit applications. Set up your new password and log-in to your account.