Permits & Inspections


Building Permits are required for many building projects, including new construction, additions, structural changes, decks, finished basements, pools, demolition, roofing, siding, and window replacement. Many projects require a plan review. Permit fees are paid at the time the permit is issued.

Domestic water plumbing permits - Issued and inspected by Saint Paul Regional Water Services (SPRWS). For domestic water plumbing and fire system supply fees – please call SPRWS at 651-266-6270.

Window/Door Permits – Include the number of windows and/or doors being installed and if the size of the opening is changing. If the opening size is changing a plan will need to be submitted. 

Roofing/Siding – Include the structures that are involved with the project.

Call before you dig: 
Gopher State One Call

Permit Types

Contractor Information