Business License

West St. Paul Business Licenses are handled by the Police Department. A Business License Application (PDF) and Worker's Compensation Form (PDF) are required for the following businesses:

* These licenses require a Background Investigation Form (PDF).You may either fill this form out or submit a Certificate of Insurance from your insurance company.

Temporary On-Sale Liquor License

If you wish to obtain a 1 to 4 day temporary on-sale liquor license you must be a club, charitable, religious, or nonprofit organization that has been in existence for at least 3 years; a political committee registered under Minnesota Statutes Section 10A.14 or a state university. Please print and fill out the following forms:

Liquor liability insurance is also required. You would obtain this from your insurance company.

Gambling Permit

If you wish to obtain an exempt permit to conduct:

  • Bingo
  • Paddlewheels
  • Pull-Tabs
  • Raffles
  • Tipboards

Please print and fill out the forms below:

A copy of your proof of non-profit status must also accompany the application.

Peddler / Solicitor / Transient Merchant


Sale of Consumer Fireworks in a Retail Facility or Stand